Plan Ahead to Ensure Your Wishes are Fulfilled
- Buy a site, for which you receive a deed:
- You may arrange a visit to select a site or have our staff select one for you.
- Do not put your deed in a security box - these are often overlooked until after the burial.
- Consider keeping the deed and a clear, simple note about your wishes with other important items like your birth certificate, other deeds, or living will.
- Find a funeral director who respects your wishes:
- Talk with several and see how they respond.
- Contact a local or regional funeral consumers alliance for funeral directors in your area. Start at www.funerals.org.
- Someone we can recommend as a Certified Funeral Celebrant is Steve Lawrence at is http://www.reallifeceremonies.com.
- Explain your plans to family and friends:
- Show your loved ones your deed and explanation of your wishes and let them know where you will keep it.
- If you relocate or rearrange your home, be sure to update your loved ones of the deed's new location.
Call Greensprings at (607)564-7577 to arrange a visit.