-it can help you make informed decisions about end-of-life plans for yourself and others.
Many people die in ways inconsistent with their values and wishes. Planning ahead provides an opportunity to think about and communicate what you do and don’t want at the end of life.
Join us—Saturday, October 28, 2:00-4:00 pm, The Space@Greenstar, 700 W. Buffalo Street, Ithaca (enter on Court St. at Fulton) —to develop the practical know-how needed to plan well for the end of life.
Staff from local organizations* can help you explore:
· advance directives: health care proxies & living wills
· accessing palliative care
· Alzheimer’s resources
· hospice care
· organ donation and how you can make a difference at any age
· funeral planning and how to control costs
· green burial
* The Art of Dying Well, Alzheimer’s Association, Cayuga Medical Center, Finger Lakes Donor Recovery Network, Funeral Consumers Alliance of the Finger Lakes, Greensprings Natural Cemetery Preserve, Hospicare, Human Services Coalition, Office for the Aging, Visiting Nurse Service
If you are a journalist seeking comment on a story or more information, please contact Angela Mennitto (607) 272-0236, firstname.lastname@example.org